Retailers representing more than 2 million point-of-sale locations in every state and territory in the U.S. accept debit cards that participate in the NYCE Network. In increasing numbers, American consumers rely on their debit cards and prepaid cards to make purchases and get cash back at the point-of-sale with funds withdrawn directly from their accounts. As financial institutions and prepaid card issuers continue to choose NYCE as one of their debit networks, NYCE continues to make product and service investments to serve retailers well into the future.
Benefits of Accepting NYCE
- U.S. consumers love paying with debit, which has enjoyed double digit growth in the U.S. for more than 10 years. If you are not already accepting PIN debit, ask your merchant bank or processor about adding NYCE. It’s easy and cost effective. (No agreement with NYCE is needed.)
- PIN debit means guaranteed payment and speedy check-out without the need for additional identification or signature verification. Faster checkout reduces lines and boosts customer satisfaction.
- Increased average tickets. Consumers fund impulse purchases without being constrained by cash-on-hand or the drawback of credit card interest charges.
- Offer cash back without the hassle or risk of accepting checks. Debit cardholders love cash back, and often frequent retailers where they can shop and avoid a trip to the ATM.
- Lower all-in costs than credit, check, or signature debit, adding directly to your bottom-line results
- Unique access to millions of Canadian debit cardholders. Since its launch in 2004, Canadians using debit at NYCE retailers have come to rely on U.S. debit access to their funds on deposit in Canada via NYCE. Visit Canadian financial institutions for more information.
- Unique access to debit card holders in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Participating financial institutions in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands also enjoy debit card access to all NYCE retailers. Visit ATH financial institutions here for more information.
Visit Popular Retailers to see a list of cardholders’ favorite places to shop with NYCE.
Contact Us for more information about NYCE POS or how to add PIN debit to your payment options.